Saturday, November 28, 2015

Dubinsky suspended one game for check on Crosby

"The Neutral Zone" Suspension Report
Sidney Crosby lies on the ice after a check in the neck from Brandon
Dubinsky in Friday night's game between the Blue Jackets and the
Penguins.
Columbus Blue Jackets' forward Brandon Dubinsky has been suspended for one game by the NHL's Player Safety for checking Sidney Crosby's neck during a game against the Pittsburgh Penguins.

The check came at 18:40 of the second period.

"I'm OK," Crosby said after the game. "There's always concern when it happens. Honestly, I haven't seen it so I don't know how it looked. I know how it felt. I don't know if the official saw it or not."

Dubinsky and Crosby have had a long-running feud and battled ferociously in the first round of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

Dubinsky said battling Crosby was merely part of his job.


"There's no secret. I try to play him as hard as I can," he said after the game. "That being said, I don't do anything dirty. I felt my stick ride up his back a little bit. He was kind of bent over in front but that's not the type of player I am. I'm going to try and play hard but play fair and between the whistles."

The Blue Jackets won the game 2-1.

No comments:

Post a Comment