Monday, September 5, 2016

Henrik Lundqvist feeling fine after rib injury

GOTHENBURG, Sweden -- New York Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist was a full participant at the first Team Sweden practice at Scandinavium on Monday despite lingering pain on his side, a result of getting hit in the ribs with a puck during a workout last week.

"It didn't feel too good when it happened, but I checked it right after practice and it's nothing serious," Lundqvist said. "I'm probably going to feel some pain for a while, but it's nothing that really bothers me the way I move. Yeah, I feel it, but it doesn't bother me when reaching for pucks or anything. That's the good part."

Lundqvist said he doesn't anticipate missing any time in preparation for the World Cup of Hockey 2016.

Sweden plays its first pretournament game against Team Finland at Hartwall Arena in Helsinki on Thursday (Noon ET; ESPN3, SN, TVA Sports).

The World Cup will be played at Air Canada Centre in Toronto from Sept. 17 to Oct. 1. Team Sweden's first game is against Team Russia on Sept. 18 (3 p.m. ET; ESPN, SN, TVA Sports).

via Dan Rosen (NHL)

No comments:

Post a Comment